Header Ads Widget

Nightcrawler and the 7 best serial killer movies on Netflix

Who doesn’t love a good serial killer movie? I know I do. In this post, I share with you the best serial killer movies that you can watch on Netflix today.

In my research of hunting down some of the best serial killer movies on Netflix, I will admit that they don’t have some of my personal favorites. But, with that being said, I think they have a strong foundation that can really have you sitting down with the one you love and diving deep into the minds of these mad individuals.

The best serial killer movies to stream on Netflix

Nightcrawler

Talk about not just one of the best serial killer style movies on Netflix but ever made. Jake Gyllenhaal’s performance in Nightcrawler should have garnered him an Academy Award. The deeply haunting, creepy and unsettling performance he gives as Louis Bloom is downright incredible. The writing, directing, and acting, including a great supporting turn from Rene Russo, make Nightcrawler one of the last decade’s best films.

Monster

I admit, serial killer movies are great, but ones about real-life serial killers are icing on the cake. I say that because, most of the time, you walk away digging for more information about the events that unfolded. Monster is about the life of Aileen Wuornos, played by Charlize Theron, who was a prostitute turned serial killer. Talk about a transformative performance from Theron, who was UNRECOGNIZABLE in the role of Aileen. The film was incredible, which led to Theron winning her first Academy Award.

Extremely Wicked Shockingly Evil and Vile

We always get the perspective of the serial killer from the eyes of the killer, but this film gave us the perspective of Ted Bundy from the eyes of his long-time girlfriend, Liz. Plenty of movies about Bundy have been made and while I have some issues with the overall film, this might be one of my favorites. I loved the performance of Zac Efron as Ted Bundy, but Lily Collins stole the show as Liz. The film isn’t perfect, but it is worth a watch if you haven’t seen it.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

The 2011 psychological thriller based on the Swedish books was adapted by Steven Zaillian and directed by David Fincher. The film stars Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara. Unfortunately, the Academy let us down by giving Meryl Streep the Oscar for The Iron Lady over Mara’s performance in this film. I LOVED Mara and she gave one of the best performances of that year/decade. The film is incredibly made and I wish we would’ve gotten the trilogy we deserved from this entire crew.

Fear Street Trilogy

A lot of us grew up on R.L. Stine and to see his stories come to life now for not just us, but our generation of kids was cool. I was scared about them not delivering and you know what, they did deliver in a HUGE way that made me hope they explore these stories more in the future.

I loved how each film was its own thing, but at the same time, it brought all the pieces together. Of course, everyone has their personal favorite from the trilogy, but Fear Street Part Two: 1978 was my favorite. It was a scary horror slasher with some smart and fun twists throughout. I need more of this ASAP, Netflix.

What are your favorite serial killer movies? Did we miss any on Netflix that you like? Let us know. 



Nightcrawler and the 7 best serial killer movies on Netflix
Source: Pinoy White Knights

Post a Comment

0 Comments